Get connected to the future of green building
Urban Green Council’s Emerging Professionals actively develop opportunities for future leaders in the green building movement. We get together, share ideas, and work to make a difference in our city’s future.
2015 EP LEADERSHIP
Max Kaufman, MechoSystems
Shari Leventhal, Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
- Creates programming for New York City's community of emerging leaders in green building
- Participates on the national level through U.S. Green Building Council's EP initiatives, such as the Natural Talent Design Competition and the EP Academy
- Hosts a monthly educational forum on green building
- Develops community-building social events
- Arranges green building tours in New York City
Held the first Tuesday of every month at various locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn, EP Forums include updates, introductions, and topical education. Educational speakers who can provide CE credits and discuss topics based on expressed interests of the group. A social happy hour always follows!
The Emerging Professionals of Urban Green Council are entirely comprised of young professionals volunteering their time and expertise to develop educational programming and networking opportunities in New York City. If you'd like to get involved, apply for a committee position during our annual elections every November.
Become a member of Urban Green Council at the Emerging Professionals level which has all the benefits of our regular membership for recent college grads under age 30.
The Emerging Professionals are able to organize events in part due to generous contributions from event sponsors, as well as the support of Urban Green Council. If you would like to sponsor or host an event, please contact the Emerging Professionals Liaison at Urban Green Council.