GPRO: Homes prepares builders to meet the growing demand for comfortable, healthy, and efficient homes. This class prepares general contractors to differentiate themselves in the marketplace by building sustainable homes.
This affordable entry-level course is ideal for a range of building professionals including contractors, subcontractors, estimators, and key construction management staff in general contracting companies specializing in single- to four-family, low-rise homes.
What Participants Learn
- How to pass stringent energy code inspections to avoid expensive delays
- Sustainable construction management practices to secure a healthy bottom line
- The 5 simple strategies that will increase the energy efficiency of your projects
- Important trends in the green homes marketplace
- Whole building approach
- Building envelope strategies for continuous air sealing and insulation
- Mechanical systems for healthy homes
- Water efficiency
- Materials and appliances
- Sustainable construction management practices
- Diagnostic tools and testing methods to ensure expected performance
- Preparing for required energy code inspections
- Marketing high performance homes
Exam & Certificate
All students must take an online exam and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher to receive the GPRO Homes certificate. The exam is a timed (20-minute) session that can be taken at the student's convenience within two weeks of enrolling in the online exam service.
Thanks to NYSERDA, we are able to offer GPRO: Homes training at a highly discounted rate of $40 per person for anyone who lives or works in New York State. Must present proof of address on the day of class and submit NYSERDA survey forms. A full course fee of $220 will be charged to anyone who does not meet these requirements.