Master the New York State Energy Code!
Conquering the Energy Code prepares architects and engineers to comply with the many new requirements in the 2015 NYS Energy Conservation Construction Code and design more energy-efficient buildings in the process. In an era of more stringent code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects.
“The course was very informative and provided a good overview of the Energy Code in general and the new changes in particular. It certainly increased my knowledge of the code and gave me a handle on how to address requirements in future jobs. Our instructor was interesting and effective in how she presented the material and engaged the class.” –Roy Leone, Conquering the Energy Code student
There are two course modules—Commercial and Residential. By the end of each 8-hour class, participants will:
- Understand the structure and rationale behind the energy code, and know how to navigate it;
- Be able to differentiate the various compliance pathways and understand the requirements for compliance;
- Understand the interdependence of the building envelope, mechanical and lighting systems and their impacts on energy consumption;
- Know what to expect at progress inspections;
- Sharpen communications and coordination with clients, the design team, code officials and the construction team to remove barriers to compliance.
Note: Any building four or more stories tall must comply with the commercial energy code.
Each Conquering the Energy Code course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of high-performance building practices.
Please review the list at right for current public courses throughout New York City and NY State. Interested in a convenient, cost-effective onsite course at your firm? Fill out our Request Form to find out more.
For any questions about Conquering the Code, please email the Energy Code Training Team at Urban Green Council!
Thank you to our partner