GPRO Homes prepares builders to meet the growing demand for comfortable, healthy, and efficient homes. This class prepares general contractors to differentiate themselves in the marketplace by building sustainable homes.
This affordable entry-level course is ideal for a range of building professionals including contractors, subcontractors, estimators, and key construction management staff in general contracting companies specializing in single- to four-family, lowrise homes.
Please stay tuned for new classes!
Continuing Education Credits
GBCI: Approved for 6.5 CE Hours
AIA: Approved for 6.5 HSW/LU Hours
- How to pass stringent energy code inspections to avoid expensive delays
- Sustainable construction management practices to secure a healthy bottom line
- The five simple strategies that will increase the energy efficiency of your projects
- Important trends in the green homes marketplace
- The whole-building approach
- Building envelope strategies for continuous air sealing and insulation
- Mechanical systems for healthy homes
- Water efficiency
- Materials and appliances
- Sustainable construction management practices
- Diagnostic tools and testing methods to ensure expected performance
- Preparing for required energy code inspections
- Marketing high performance homes
EXAM & CERTIFICATE
All students must take an online exam and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher to receive the GPRO Homes certificate. The exam is a timed (20-minute) session that can be taken at the student's convenience within two weeks of enrolling in the online exam service.
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
"I started installing insulation two years ago with little knowledge of building science or the green movement that is occurring. I learned during GPRO Homes that the impact goes beyond individual homes. I left hungry for more knowledge and wanted to help this movement become mainstream. I am now training to become an energy advisor. Sharing with homeowners the value of energy conservation makes me feel like I have accomplished something of a greater scale." - Ryan Culligan
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.