Urban Green Council, USGBC New York, is an essential resource for the region’s professionals working in all aspects of sustainable building; we provide valuable education and networking opportunities for thousands of our members and non-members each year.
We are also a completely separate nonprofit from our national organization, the U.S. Green Building Council in Washington DC, and are responsible for our own fundraising. Therefore we look toward individuals, organizations, foundations and government to support our critical work. We help to ensure that New York will be a great place to live for generations to come by advocating for a thoughtful, sustainable approach to urban planning, development, and energy policy.
You may join Urban Green Council as an individual member, or sponsor us as a company or organization. Your contribution is fully tax-deductible. For questions about your membership, please contact us.
MEMBER LEVELS & BENEFITS
CORE MEMBER BENEFITS
- An individual membership with Urban Green Council that lasts for a full year from the date of joining our community of green building professionals.
- Discounted admission to Urban Green Council events including green building programs and tours, conferences, and quarterly networking events.
- Subscription to our Urban Green Weekly e-newsletter
- Savings on green products and services: $50 off Zip Car annual membership; 25% discount at the BuildingGreen store; 10% off at Green Depot's online store; and 15% off at Build It Green! NYC's Astoria-based store. (Limit one per customer).
- Members are eligible to apply for our volunteer committees: Monthly Programs Committee, Westchester & Rockland Programs Committee, Membership Committee
- Young professionals and full-time students can also join the Emerging Professionals (EP), a coalition of future leaders in green building.
GENERAL PUBLIC | $100
EMPLOYEE OF USGBC MEMBER COMPANY | $75
Are you eligible? Search your employer's USGBC member status here.
EMERGING PROFESSIONAL | $50
Under age 30
FULL-TIME STUDENT | $25
LEADERSHIP LEVEL BENEFITS
- Leadership Level Members enjoy all benefits included in preceding membership categories, the following benefits, and additional benefits specified for each level:
- Urban Green Council Tote Bag
- Free Admission to Urban Green Council monthly programming: Green Building Tours, Salons, Technical Roundtables, Oppositions, Member Meetings, and more! Almost all of our educational events offer AIA and GBCI continuing education credit hours.
- Discounted Admission to special events such as our conferences, one-time events, and LEED Workshops.
- Recognition on our Leadership Members page
SUPPORTER | $250
Includes all of the above
STEWARD | $500
Invitations to exclusive, semi-annual Leadership Circle events, such as our recent private tour of Google's NYC office.
GUARDIAN | $1,000
Special recognition at annual Spring Member Meeting.
KEYSTONE | $5,000
LIFETIME MEMBER | $10,000